September 21-23, 2022
Objectives and Content
At the time of a continuing rebound of metal markets, learn how the application of new digital technologies that can add substantial value to strategic mine planning and asset valuation. The new technologies and related tools integrate technical risk management while capitalizing on the synergies amongst the elements of mineral value chains through their simultaneous optimization – from mines to products to markets.
Learn how you can improve performance by:
- Learning the state-of-the-art strategic mine planning concepts and new approaches that unlock and add value to mining assets
- Finding out how to minimize technical risks and produce optimal pit designs with strategic mine planning processes and the next generation optimization methods
- Discovering methods and tools for the simultaneous risk-managing (stochastic) optimization of mining complexes and mineral value chains from mines to products to markets
- Discovering how the new developments will help you capture the “upside potential” in mine plans and minimize “downside risks”, as well as increase cash flows
- Exploring and learning from real-world examples, practices and comparisons in diverse applications, from gold and copper mines to iron ore and nickel laterites
- Understanding how to deal with blending and non-linear geometallurgical interactions in the processing streams, as materials are transformed from bulk material to refined products
- Participating in hands-on computer sessions that show how to increase project value by employing new risk-managing simultaneous optimization models
Please note: It is strongly recommended that participants bring a laptop.
Instructors: Roussos Dimitrakopoulos (McGill University, Canada) and Ryan Goodfellow (Newmont, USA)
For more information please contact:
CIM Events Department
Tel: 514.939.2710, ext. 1344